Friday, March 12, 2010

It changes the names of your Mac.

When we buy a new Mac or símplemente we reinstall the operating system it happens that our Mac OS X decides to call our team just as we and the truth that it can be a little annoying. I study in a public university in which there are hundreds of persons connected to the network Wifi and the truth does not turn out to be comfortable to me that everything the one that wants it could see if I am tuned in or not since (if they have a Mac it is easier for the topic Bonjour) in his list of teams in network there appears my name and my surnames. But not only here my name appears but, on having opened a Terminal, also there appears my name and my two surnames, and as they are short they occupy only half a window. In this simple post I am going to tell how to do to change both your user's name and the name that proves to be your team on having got connected to a network.

The first thing that we must do is to enter Preferences of the system and there, according to that let's want to modify to puncture on "Sharing" to change the name of our team into the network or “Accounts“ to modify our name in the terminal and on having initiated meeting.

Once opened one or only we have left other to put the name that let's want that it appears from this moment and I list, from now on we have changed name. Simple truth?

Since I hope that it should have served to you, a greeting and up to the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment